Mediterranean Integrated System for Water Supply- MEDISS
Project General Objective:
To contribute to sustainable water balance in MEDISS areas, increasing resilience to water stress and climate change.
Project Specific Objectives are:
- To reduce water and soil salinity through nonconventional water supply, reduce stress on groundwater and enabling high productivity and diversification of agricultural production.
- To support LLAAs and organizations in WRM applying non-conventional water solutions for agricultural use, to reduce water consumption and limit costs for water supply.
- To encourage behavioral change of end-users toward the use of non-conventional water agriculture.
36 months/ 3 years, the period between 2019 and 2022.
- ENAS - Ente Acque della Sardegna – the SIMR (Sardegna - Italy)
- CRENOS-Centro Ricerche Economiche Nord-Sud (Sardegna- Italy)
- Institut des Regions Arides (Medenine – Tunisia)
- Aqaba Water Company (Aqaba – Jordan)
- Governorate of Jericho (Jericho – Palestine)
- Palestinian Wastewater Engineers Group (Al Bireh – Palestine).
- Surface of 1451.4 ha in land irrigated with wastewater and non-convention water, or equipped with modern and efficient irrigation systems.
- Study visits, 4 bilateral meetings and 1 database.
- 4 up-scaling proposals.
- 4 Alliances: 1 Alliance/country.
- 4 Handover agreements 1 local authority / country apply integrated approaches for water cycle management in agriculture, involved in cross-border thematic practitioner network on water in agriculture.
- 1 Awareness program.
- 1 Database.
- 4 Pilot initiatives.
- 15 Organizations involved in WRM applying sustainable innovative water efficiency and non- conventional water technologies with local water governance frameworks.