Palestinian wastewater engineers group is a local NGO that focuses on development projects in water and sanitation sector located in Al bireh, Ramallah. We are looking for graduates who are interested in our scope of work. The internship program intends to provide an opportunity for graduates and young researchers to get hand-on practical experience in the field of development work. The purpose of the internship program doesn’t necessarily lead to further employment with PWEG but to complement the intern’s studies and interests.
PWEG will not be able to provide assistance with accommodation, work permits or visas for internships if these are required.
- Applicants should be at least holders of a first university degree in a development related field such as Civil Engineering, Economics, Public or Business Administration or Environmental Studies.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development, water and sanitation and links with governance, policy and finance.
- Applicants should be well-organized, self-motivated and reliable.
- Language requirements: applicants should be proficient in English and fluency in Arabic is an asset.
- Applicants should be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Ability to work independently.
Interns will be responsible for different tasks assigned to them by the manager. Activities include conducting research, writing documents; cataloguing information; working on visibility material, preparation of draft reports and studies, analysis of statistical data, administrative duties, supporting contact with partner organizations, assisting with PWEG events and corporate communication.
How to apply
Applications for internships will only be considered if they include:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A cover letter explaining why you want to do an internship at PWEG;
- Letter of reference, with at least one from a faculty member, and contact details of referees.
Applications with the subject “application for internship” should be emailed to: email@example.com
Public Awareness Coordinator
Application Deadline: 06 January, 2018.
Starting Date: 15 January, 2018.
Duration of Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension.
Duty Station: Tubas and Jenin Areas.
Education: Bachelor degree in Media or Public Relations
Experience: 3 Years.
Languages Required: Arabic, English.
Palestinian Wastewater Engineers Group (PWEG) is a technical non-governmental and non-profit making organization that was established in 2002. PWEG is a key player in several working groups and committees for the formulation and adoption of adequate water and environmental management standards in communities and governorates of Palestine. We campaign and engage decision-makers to improve access to water and sanitation in Palestine. Our projects aim to enhance the technical, managerial, financial and legal capacities of the water and wastewater sector.
Under Nexus North Project, the joint venture of PWEG, HYDROPLAN and Timesis is working now as a Technical Assistance (TA) consultant for Tubas Joint Water and Sanitation Services Council (T-JWSSC) and for Joint Services Council of Jenin Western Villages (JSC-JWV).
Nexus North Project is funded by the EU and AFD and aims to support the implantation of the institutional reforms in the water sector and to enhance the sustainability of T-JWSSC and JSC-JWV as per Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) reform strategy.
The Nexus North Project Includes Three Components, within component number 3 “Institutional support and technical assistance (TA) to Tubas JWSSC to strengthen their capacity to operate and maintain infrastructure, and to support the implementation of sectoral reform”,
a public awareness campaign will be implemented in T-JWSSC area, JSC-JWV area in addition to Maythaloun JWSSC area. The aim of the campaign is to encourage the commitment of the community to achieve better management practices of water and wastewater, for this purpose, PWEG is willing to hire a “Public Awareness Coordinator” to lead and manage the public awareness campaign.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Close coordination with the JSCs, local government units, nongovernmental organizations, community based organizations, governmental institutions, media, relevant networks and citizens.
- Coordinate and organize workshops, events, community meetings, conferences, and trainings. Maintain all database of the events, and ensure public engagement for those events to promote program objectives.
- Develop, prepare, and publish promotional and awareness materials.
- Prepare and edit (in Arabic and English) articles, press releases, speeches, brochures, success stories and other public information materials for both web-based and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Ensure proper media coverage of the project activities.
- Following the implementation of communication and visibility plan that aims to increase the visibility of EU and AFD funds in the targeted area.
- Create and maintain a photo database of the project activities, take photos during events and field visits and archive the photos in an effective manner.
- Prepare TOR for needed services within the campaign such as T.V Program and following the execution of consultant activities.
- Develop request for quotations for design and print material and act as a focal point with suppliers for related services.
- Manage and coordinate the campaign activities, from technical, administrative and financial points of view, and applying systematic coordination of the activities.
- Reporting of all the implemented activities in a professional way.
- Bachelor degree on Media, Public Relations or any related field.
- At least three years of working experience in the field.
- Participation in at least one public awareness campaign.
- Good knowledge of relevant water issues in Palestine is preferred.
- Previous experience with NGO is preferred.
- Creative and strategic skills.
- Strong communication and network building skills
- Very good presentation skills.
- Very good reporting skills (in English).
- Open minded with positive attitude, energized, hardworking, and goal oriented.
- Capability to work under pressure.
- Fully proficient in Arabic and English.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft office.
- Valid and clean driving license.
Interested applicants should send their CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 06 Jan, 2019.